Tuesday, October 19, 2010




Hello Everyone! 

This is my first post for this blog. I was so hyped to get to do one on here.

I was trying to think of something I could post about, I thought of several, prayer, orphans, God's impact through teenagers living for what we believe in.(Actually Kade gave me a list of things I could post about, but those are just a few I had chosen to think on specifically.)  I will do posts on those in the future, but for now here's an overview of me, and how God has put so many people that were deeply involved with missions, in my life.

I have super good friends all over the world. 

Two years ago my best friend and her family moved to Asia, to be long term missionaries. And now I see her over Skype, or every three years in person.  

Five years ago, some friends of my family moved to New Zealand, because they felt God was calling them to the people there.

A year and a half ago (Maybe two years ago) I befriended a Christian, teenage, girl, in South Africa. Who is now living in the U.S. And attending a Christian collage here. I love her! She's great.

My sister (through blogging) has friends in Wales. 

I recently have become acquaintances with a teenage girl in Australia. 

I have blog followers that live in Brazil.

A few weeks ago I had the privilege of making the acquaintance of a family moving to Indonesia. 

A photography instructor that my sister use to take classes with, is now a missionary to India.

And now Kade, who is building an orphanage in Myanmar. 

I praise God for each of these people! I know God is changing so many hearts through them. God has blessed me, by giving me a heart for the children, orphans, in this country and in all of the others. It breaks my heart. And we so often forget how many others there are. I tend to focus on myself. Not sure about you guys, but I am an extremely self centered person. But God uses my parents to help me recognize my pride. And that is a humbling feeling. He breaks me, to build me back in the direction of His will for me.

And I'm so thankful to God for Kade, for wanting to do this. 

So, to Kade, thanks for taking a chance, stepping out on faith, and encouraging us all to go beyond our average. 

ALSO: I thought some of you may be interested in this: One Meal One Day! You skip one meal, for one day. And donate 5$ to hungry children in other countries. It starts tomorrow, so hurry and make a donation! Either online, or you can text 90999 and make you donation there. It is through Compassion ministries. Heres the link: http://www.onemealoneday.org/

Hope you all are having a fabulous, and blessed day!

Madison

6 comments:

  1. Good Post Madison! Thanks for bringing these people to our attention so that we can pray for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Madison!

    Cool idea on the Compassion idea! I'm going to check that out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. Thanks daddy. (By the way, the comments above are not from me. My sister kept forgetting that she was logged in as me... So yeah...)

    ReplyDelete